Marketing & PR Coordinator APPLY NOW
We are looking to hire a dynamic PR coordinator to join our company. In this role, you'll be in charge of overseeing the company's media communications by drafting press releases, submitting pitches, responding to media requests organizing PR events, and maintaining good relationships with clients and stakeholders.
To ensure success as a PR coordinator, you'll need to have a solution-based aptitude and the ability to handle any media-related crisis in a calm and timely manner. Ultimately, a top-notch PR coordinator should display exceptional communication skills and an acute understanding of brand management.
PR Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Defining the company's public relations goals by developing and implementing strategies to maintain the company's public image.
- Writing and distributing detailed press releases, promotional social media posts, and fact sheets.
- Cultivating strong relationships with media outlets and journalists to ensure efficient communication and maximum coverage.
- Scheduling press conferences and public events, and coordinating interview requests.
- Working with the marketing team to plan and implement campaigns aimed at increasing brand awareness.
- Analyzing the outcome of public relations campaigns and reporting the findings to management.
- Maintaining an up-to-date press list of journalists, influencers, and other members of the media.
PR Coordinator Requirements:
- Associates degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, or a relevant field OR equivalent experience (2-3 years) in same fields.
- At least 1 year of experience working in the public relations industry.
- A portfolio of successful client work.
- Excellent knowledge of public relations best practices, brand management, and media strategies.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to collaborate with personnel and members of the media.
- Superb written skills and knowledge of press release style guides.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
The position will begin as a part-time position with the ability to move into a full-time, managerial, position with proven track record. Estimated hours per week 20. Position will be a hybrid remote/in-person job with employee being required to clock in and show proof of work for tasks done remotely. In-person tasks will primarily be strategy and update meetings with key staff. Beginning pay scale $15-20/hour depending on experience.
About Wild Cherry Spoon Co.
We are a line of handmade artisan kitchen, home and lifestyle goods all created in Moline, IL from hardwoods harvested from yards and parks. The business began as a hobby of our CEO/Founder in 2013 and over the next 9 years has grown to B2B supply over 1,300 independent retailers in all 50 States, Canada, Puerto Rico, UK, Australia, France, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Finland, Liechtenstein, and Denmark. Directly, in our own retail website and storefronts, we've supplied customers the world over.
Additionally our work has been featured in Regional and National publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Midwest Living Magazine, and a number of local paper and TV outlets. When not in the woodshop we can also be found selling our wares directly to the public at highly popular events like The Bristol Renaissance Faire and Chicago and Des Moines Christkindlmarkets.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Moline, IL 61265