Director of Retail Sales APPLY NOW
Increased sales presence for our Retail Sales division has created the need for Wild Cherry Spoon Co. to hire a Director of Retail Sales who will manage and oversee all functions of retail sales. Our retail sales division consists of five main categories;
· Online e-commerce sales through our own website and marketplaces such as Etsy and Amazon Handmade.
· In person sales at popular Christmas and Christkindlmarkets regionally and nationally.
· In person sales at our new Downtown Moline retail store as well as any retail stores that develop in the future.
· In person sales at Renaissance Faires and themed markets.
· In person sales at Farmer’s Markets, Craft Markets, and similar events.
Our Director of Retail Sales will need to be organized so that they can maintain distinct operations between selling categories while tying actions and decisions to align with the top-level view of the whole division.
The Retail Sales Director we choose will be able to demonstrate that they can successfully
· Set sales targets and effectively achieve them.
· Develop a staff that has excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
· Navigate a number of CRM’s, Points of Sale, E-Commerce and Marketplace formats (i.e. Shopify, Amazon Seller Central, Etsy) for operational and reporting functions.
· Use, teach, and supervise use of cash registers and points of sale.
· Make strong hiring decisions for successful sales staff and cashiers.
· Use analytical skills to identify trends and sales patterns.
· Make data-informed decisions to drive sales and performance.
· Handling and resolving customer complaints around products or services and developing a company wide customer service attitude to turn complaint customers into repeat customers.
· Organize discount sales, classes, and events to encourage and collect tourists from river boats and coaches.
· Help direct the overall sales functions and coordinate with Wholesale Sales division to achieve a company wide sales target.
Number of Employees directly reporting to this position: 4 permanent, estimated at 24 seasonal November-December.
In the course of fulfilling these objectives the Retail Sales Director will communicate closely with the CEO, the Director of Wholesale Sales, and the Shop Production Foreman.
Salary/hourly?: Salary Compensation: $4,166.67/month (equivalent of $26.04/hour)
Days & Hours generally expected of this position: 40 hours per week with four ten-hour typical workdays being Thursday-Sunday with a variety of hours to match the seasonal expectations.
Remote Work: This position is primarily on-site due to the nature of the job. Up to 15% of the work week (~6 hours) can be accomplished remotely.
Benefits: 401(k), Health ($0 deductible, 50% matching premium), Vision, Dental2023-07-08|||Moline, IL|||Sales||||||HL2eiZsMqJl4Tov.|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||YEAR|||single|||50000.04|||||||||true|||