Farmer's Market Salesperson, Elgin IL Downtown Neighborhood Association APPLY NOW
Wild Cherry Spoon Co. is seeking a Farmer's Market Salesperson to staff and manage our booth at the Elgin Downtown Neighborhood Association Farmer's Market in downtown Elgin, Illinois. This position requires someone with a strong persuasive personality, a passion for people, and the ability to effectively communicate benefits and uses of products, cross-sell and up-sell our products.
A successful candidate will either be able to demonstrate in interview a natural sales ability or have professional retail sales experience.
This position will require the Salesperson to arrive on site at 2:00 PM until the market concludes at 8:00 PM on Fridays. The Salesperson will be required to unload, install, and merchandise the display including folding tables, pop-up tents, products and product display and any other necessary equipment. Salesperson will need a mobile device to hook up to our Point Of Sale system. Salesperson will adhere to all DNA rules and regulations and interact with the public/potential customers in a professional and polite manner. Market is rain or shine and candidates should be prepared to dress appropriately for the weather/market. Job Duties are
- Unload, install and merchandise display in an attractive manner, price products and get ready for market.
- Punctual attendance at every market. Market runs from 6/3/22 thru 10/14/22. Arrangements can be made for possible substitutes occasionally to account for any necessary days off.
- Proactively engage, inform and educate, and sell products to customer by identifying needs/wants while cross-selling and up-selling products to increase average cart value.
- Accurately handle cash and card transactions while keeping cash drawer secure and accurate.
- Return inventory and cash drawer at a scheduled time on Saturday.
Compensation & Benefits
This position offers a competitive hourly wage as well as commission. Due to its temporary nature we do not offer our usual 401k plan and any health benefits we may offer will not apply to this position as it is seasonal.
Hours and Wage
This position is approximately 6 hours per week, one day a week, with an hourly compensation range of $12.00/hour to $13.00/hour.
Additionally, we offer performance commission incentives based on overall monthly revenue. Commission is paid out at the end of the month when average daily sales figures for the month are equal or greater than $1,000. Commission rates are 3% of average daily sales (ADS). Example: ADS for month of June was $1,500, Salesperson commission of 3% is $45.00/day with 8 weekend days that month for a total of $360 in additional commision.
2022-04-29|||Elgin, IL|||Retail Sales||||||mz4WSNFuRZ1O0zP7|||PART_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false